You are here
- Unfortunately, the 1851 census for the City of Kingston has not survived.
- The census for the rest of Frontenac County can be searched online or in print (see below).
- Note: Kingston in these links refers to Kingston Township, not the City of Kingston. For more information, see the Kingston Township page.
- This census is sometimes called the 1852 Census, because it actually took place in January of 1852.
- You can print a blank form for recording the results of your 1851 Census search from the FamilySearch website.
- the 1851 census was actually conducted in January 1852
- many of the census records (including those for the city of Kingston) no longer exist
- in the Frontenac County records which survive, "Kingston" refers to Kingston Township (i.e. the area to the north and west of the city) and not to the city itself.
- The microfilm reels are in the top right-hand drawer of the microfilm cabinet at the Central Library.
- The reel numbers are:
- They are exactly the same as the on-line version (see above).
- If you do not wish to use the on-line version, please use the print version (see Frontenac County Census) to find the page and line number before using the microfilm reels.
- Learn more about microfilm access.