- It is a four-volume set of books, maroon in colour.
- The books are in the Genealogy Room at the Central Library.
- The call number is GENEAL 971.371 CAT.
- These volumes are for in-library use only. Learn more about in-library use.
- Tip: avoid the volume that doesn't have a volume number on its spine. The spine says Cataraqui Cemetery Records but it is really the Cataraqui Burial Register (a different item.) Don't confuse your search!
How to use it
- Use the index in the front of Volume 1 to look up the person's name.
- Write down the entry number and section (e.g. 2724 C)
- Find the correct volume:
- Sections A - B .......... Volume 1
- Sections C - H .......... Volume 2
- Sections I - Q .......... Volume 3
- "New" Sections (A*, C*, D*, E*, F*, G*, H* and L*) .......... Volume 4
- Military Plot Section .......... Volume 4
- In the correct volume, find the entry number (e.g. 2724)
Tip: you can find the location of the grave on the cemetery map at the front of the volume. Learn more about Cataraqui Cemetery.
Images of the original registers are available on microfilm--in the top right-hand drawer next to the microfilm readers at the Central Library.