You are here
- It consists of seven bound volumes (white).
- They are in the Genealogy Room at the Central Library.
- The call number is GENEAL 929.371371 CENS
How to Use It
- Find the correct section of the book.
- Each census is in a separate section.
- The sections are separated by cardboard dividers.
- Find the index of names. It might be either at the beginning or the end of the section.
- The number next to the name refers either to a page or an entry. Write it down.
- In that same section of the book, find the actual transcriptions. They are not in alphabetical order.
- Use the page/entry number you wrote down to find the name in the transcription.
- Use the printed version (above) to find the name and transcription.
- Find the CENSUS page number.
- It should be pretty clearly marked in the text
- It is usually preceded by the word Page or Sheet.
- The transcription itself is probably page-numbered, but that's not the number you want.
- You want to know which page of the CENSUS to search when you look at the microfilm.
- At the Central Library, these microfilm reels are in the top right-hand drawer of the microfilm cabinet.
- Please ask at the Information Desk.
- Learn more about access to microfilm.