1801 - 1925
- The site owner has posted a notice to say that the site is no longer searchable [last checked 1 April 2015].
- You might like to try the following work-around. As in many genealogical problems, this works better if the surname is not a common one:
- Visit the Google search page.
- Type the surname and the word site followed by a colon and the URL of the site.
- For example, if you are looking for the BARNFATHER family on the Ontario Vital Statistics Project website, type:
- The Google results will include all instances of the name BARNFATHER on that site.
- Tip: to locate the name quickly on the results page:
- Type Ctl + f (that is, hold down the Control key and type the letter f at the same time.)
- A "find" window will open.
- Type your search term (e.g. barnfather) into the find window.
- The computer will jump to the first instance of that word on the page.
- Don't forget that there may be more than one instance of the word on that page.
- Look for the text that says, for example, 1 of 3 matches.
- Click the up or down arrow to jump to the other matches.
- Another tip: these strategies can be used on most websites; not just Rootsweb.