1843 - 1962
- These records are available on microfilm from Library and Archives Canada.
- They include files on convictions, sentences, transfers and escapes of prisoners in federal institutions.
- To find out which microfilm reel to order:
- 1. Visit the Government of Canada Files page and click Search the Complete Database.
- 2. In the Keywords box, type the prisoner's surname.
- 3. In the Record Group box, type 13.
- 4. Ignore the other boxes.
- 5. Click the Submit Query button.
- 6. If the document is available on microfilm, it will have a reel number consisting of a letter(s) followed by a hyphen and four digits (e.g. T-4567)
- 7. For more information about how to view the microfilm or obtain copies of the non-microfilmed records, contact Library and Archives Canada.