- Do you know of a soldier from Miller Township who served in WWI? Please let us know!
- The Canadian Great War Project
- Find out whether the soldier survived the war, what unit(s) he served with, when his birthday was, and who was waiting for him back at home.
- Search for the person by name and/or regimental number.
- Attestation Forms
- Find out what the soldier looked like; see the original form with his handwriting on it.
- Search the Soldiers of the First World War database on the website of Library and Archives Canada.
- Before the War
- Search the 1911 Census of Canada.
- Type the soldier's surname.
- Choose Ontario from the dropdown menu.
- Click Hide/Show Advanced Search Options.
- District Name: Frontenac
- Sub-district Name: Miller
- Leave the other fields blank.
- After the War
- Search the 1921 Census of Canada online from Ancestry.ca
- Library and Archives Canada has partnered with Ancestry.com to provide free access to this census.
- Access is only free if you are accessing the records from within Canada.
- Ancestry.com will ask you to make a free account (email address, password) in order to verify that you are accessing the 1921 Census from within Canada.
- If you prefer not to make a free account, you are welcome to use Ancestry-Library Edition free of charge at your local KFPL branch (in-library use only).
Other Places to Look: